Recently updated on April 11th, 2023 at 08:06 am
Levoit purifier is an excellent gadget for air purification. However, as with all electronic devices, it can develop certain technical issues that can lead to trouble when turning it on.
The issues can sometimes be little human errors or serious and require professional help. Thankfully Levoit is one of the most durable brands out there, so the chances you’re dealing with a manufacturing fault are pretty low.
If your Levoit air purifier isn’t working and refuses to turn on, we have the most common diagnosis for you.
- Not plugged in properly
- Damaged wire
- Faulty wall outlet
- Filter housing not seated properly
We’ll cover these briefly down below.
You might miss a step or two if you have difficulty turning your purifier on. Here are some things that could be causing an issue:
This might look like a no-brainer, but it is one of the most commonly observed mistakes. Sometimes, while using extensions, the plug of the purifier could be plugged in, but the plug of the extension is not. Thus make sure to plug in all the plugs.
Sometimes the outlet can be faulty. Recheck that by plugging in other appliances or switching to another socket.
Cross check if the power button is on. Check for both the outlet and the purifier.
Defective Electrical Wire
At times, the problem may also be with the wire. It may have worn out due to excessive use or could be bent or broken. Recheck the cord and get it changed if faulty.
The air purifiers work at a specific voltage. They might not start if low voltage is given or burn out if used at excessively high voltages. Hence cross-checks the appropriate voltage from the manual before use.
Filter Housing issues
Appliances often feature a safety lock that stops the device from functioning if the housing locks are not in place. Before proceeding with teardowns that may void the warranty, check if the appliance housing is seated properly with the locks in place.
In case of a problem with an unused purifier that lies within the covered ranges of the company, a warranty can be claimed and your faulty purifier can be exchanged for a new one.
Warranty can be claimed by contacting Leviot customer care number (888) 726-8520 (toll-free) or by email at [email protected].
Trial And Test
However, sometimes a trial and test technique can also be used to resolve the issues. Here are some options for you to fix your air purifier.
1. Resetting The Control Panel
Since the stuck dust might have rendered the air purifier nonfunctional, cleaning that up could solve the problem. Follow the steps below to save your unit.
- Unplug the air purifier from the main power source.
- Unscrew the cleaner’s control panel to look at its operating panel.
- Disconnect all the connections to the panel.
- Use a dry clean cloth to remove all the dust.
- Now reconnect all the wires and screw the panel back to start the unit.
2. Bypassing The Reset Box
Sometimes the reset box can be corrupted or go into error. To fix this problem:
- Unplug the air purifier from the power outlet.
- Open up and unscrew your device using a screwdriver.
- Locate the reset box, a small black box inside the cleaner.
- Disconnect all the connections to the reset box, and leave it that way.
- Close it up, and Bingo! There you have a functioning air purifier.
Like other electrical appliances, air purifiers also need a capacitor to operate optimally. The continuous use of the purifier can cause the capacitor to blow off.
To fix this problem:
- Unscrew your device and open it up.
- Locate the small black box inside.
- This black box is a power delivery module that is capacitor operated. The model of capacitor used is 16 Volt uF 470. Change the box to get your cleaner to function again.
The good point is that these capacitors come cheap, but you need to explain the process to your electrical in detail to complete your work.
Also Read: How to Fix Levoit Air Purifier Red Light for all models?
Even though Levoit has smooth performance, you might someday end up with a malfunctioning unit. We hope this troubleshooting guide will kickstart your unit and make it work as newly bought.